Among paintings that are made and displayed in galleries and museums all around the globe, a modest number transcend time and impact the world forever. This select gathering of most celebrated paintings is recognizable by individuals from everywhere throughout the world and of any age and will likely proceed to resound and leave impressions in the minds of individuals in the hundreds of years to come. The following is a rundown of probably the most well-known paintings in this world.
- Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci. The most famous painting on the planet is the fundamental fascination of the Louver museum in Paris, where it is seen by six million people each year. Leonardo da Vinci painted it from the year 1503 or 1504 till before he died in 1519.
- The Creation of Adam – Michelangelo. Situated on the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel in Vatican City, Rome. The Creation of Adam was painted by Michelangelo in the year of 1508 and 1512 and it is only one of nine scenes from the book of Genesis that are painted on the focal point of the ceiling of the chapel.
- The Persistence of Memory – Salvador Dali. Painted in 1931 by the Spanish artist Salvador Dali, The Persistence of Memory is a standout amongst the most recognizable pieces in art history. This show-stopper is known to influence people to contemplate on their way of life and the way they invest their energy, and it is additionally suspected that this great painting was propelled by Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.
- The Last Supper – Leonardo da Vinci. This world-famous painting isn’t hung in a gallery, yet rather covers the back wall of the dining hall at Santa Maria delle Grazie monastery in Milan, Italy. It was painted by the same most famous artist ever, Leonardo da Vinci in the late fifteenth century. The work of art depicts the scene of The Last Supper of Jesus with his disciples. Seeing this gem in the little monastery is really a standout among other attractions Milan brings to the table.
- Starry Night – Vincent van Gogh. Painted by Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh in 1889, Starry Night is a standout amongst the most famous paintings in present day culture. The canvas is part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The artistic creation was the motivation for the song “Vincent” (otherwise called “starry night”) by Don McLean. McLean’s song refers the depiction of this painting and in addition different paintings by the famous artist.
- The Scream – Edvard Munch. The most famous piece by Edvard Munch, painted around 1893. It was painted utilizing oil and pastel on cardboard. This alarming painting is hung at The National Gallery, Oslo, Norway.
- Girl with a pearl stud Johannes Vermeer. Considered by numerous to be “the Dutch Mona Lisa” or the “Mona Lisa of the North”, this excellent painting by the Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer highlights, well… a girl with a pearl hoop. The depiction was finished around 1665 and is displayed in the Mauritshuis Gallery in the Hague, the Netherlands.
- The night watch-Rembrandt van Rijn. Finished in 1642, this famous artwork is in display at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. The artistic creation depicts a city guard moving out, drove by Captain Frans Banning Cocq, his lieutenant and the other of the guard’s armed men.